PLEASE NOTE: OUR IAJGS ROOM BLOCK AT THE SWAN RESORT IS ABOUT TO SELL OUT ON CERTAIN NIGHTS. IF YOU KNOW YOU WILL NOT BE IN ORLANDO ON CERTAIN NIGHTS, AND PLAN TO CANCEL ANY OR ALL OF YOUR HOTEL RESERVATION, DO NOT CONTACT THE HOTEL!
INSTEAD, PLEASE NOTIFY ADAM@IAJGS.ORG AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO THAT WE CAN REASSIGN YOUR RESERVATION TO ANOTHER IAJGS ATTENDEE. OTHERWISE WE WILL LOSE THE ROOM FROM OUR IAJGS BLOCK AND IT WILL BE REASSIGNED TO ANOTHER CONFERENCE.
The Conference will be held on the grounds of Walt Disney World, at the The Disney World Swan Resort at 1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Orlando, FL. Dozens of restaurants, shopping, and entertainment venues are within walking distance and hundreds more are only a short boat or shuttle bus ride away.
Special daily rates are available for Conference registrants and their families:
- Standard (traditional) room: $189 + $20 Disney Resort Fee
- Alcove Suites, based upon availability: $279 + $20 Disney Resort Fee
- One bedroom Executive Suites, based upon availability $389 + $20 Disney Resort Fee
- One bedroom Grand Suites, based upon availability $429 + $20 Disney Resort Fee
These daily rates are for Conference registrants and their families during the period from Thursday, July 20 through Friday, July 28. Based on availability, the group rate will be extended for three days prior, from July 17, 2017, and for three days after, until August 2, 2017.
* The Disney Resort Fee includes: unlimited in-room high speed Internet access, free local, toll free and credit card access calls, unlimited domestic long distance calls per day, 2 bottles of water daily, and unlimited access to the resort’s health club facilities.
* The first night’s deposit and resort service package will be charged to your credit card upon confirmation of your reservation.
Room Tax = 12.5% of the total rooms charge.
If you plan to use either a company credit card which is not in your name, or you will not have the credit card present at check in for the duration of your stay, please ask for a credit card authorization form prior to arrival.
The rates assume one or two guests, in rooms with one king or two double beds. An extra guest charge is $25 per guest per night applies to guest rooms exceeding double occupancy. Children under 18 years of age may stay for free using existing bedding.
Hotel guests with disabilities should communicate their needs directly to the hotel as soon as possible after they reserve their room.
Check-in time is 3 p.m. Check-out time is 11 a.m.
How to make a reservation
The conference block of deeply discounted hotel rooms is available from six days before the conference to three days after—from an arrival as early as July 17th to a departure as late as August 2nd.
To book a room at our conference rate, either:
(1) Visit online the hotel’s group registration system at http://www.swandolphin.com/groupres/IAJGS/
(2) Telephone 1-800-227-1500 and tell that you wish to book a room in the IAJGS conference block.
Once you have made a reservation, you may call the hotel at the telephone number above should you wish to add a roommate.
Arrive early and/or depart late to explore Orlando, a paradise for visitors of all ages. Plan to bring the whole family!
Dozens of restaurants, shopping and entertainment venues are within walking distance, and hundreds more are only a short boat or shuttle bus ride away. In addition to Disney World and Epcot Center, the area boasts the Kennedy Space Center, airboat tours through the Everglades, the World of Harry Potter, Sea World, La Nouba–Cirque de Soleil, Universal Studios, and the famous Disney Springs outlet shopping district.
How long will you stay?
The special rate covers arrivals as early as Monday, July 17, 2017, and departures as late as Wednesday, August 2, 2017, as long as there are rooms remaining in our room block. Use the extra days to spend time at Orlando attractions with your family!
The cut-off date for reserving rooms in the room block is Friday, June 23, 2017. After the cut-off date, or after all the rooms in our block have been reserved, whichever comes first, it will be at the hotel’s discretion whether to accept additional reservations, which may be at the prevailing rates (not necessarily the special Conference rates).
Valet parking at the Swan Resort is $20 per night. Self-parking is $10 per day. A parking spot is not included in the room rate.
Hotel cancellation policy
Attendees will be responsible for all sleeping room charges and must be guaranteed by the attendee’s credit card at the time of booking. Reservations cancelled 48 hours prior to arrival will receive a full refund of their deposit. Any reservation cancelled after 48 hours prior to the arrival or no-shows will forfeit one night’s room and taxes.
**Because we have a limited number of rooms, we ask that you release your reservation as soon as you know you will not be attending the Conference, so another attendee can get a room.
**ALL HOTEL CANCELLATIONS MUST BE MADE THROUGH THE CONFERENCE REGISTRATION CHAIR AND NOT THE HOTEL. PLEASE CONTACT THE CHAIR AT firstname.lastname@example.org
Early departure fee
If you need to check out of the hotel before your confirmed check-out date, you must inform the hotel at or before check-in to avoid an early departure fee of one night’s room charge and tax. For early departures due to a family illness or emergency, the hotel will waive the early departure fee.
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin offers 17 restaurants and lounges, including two celebrity restaurants, Shula’s Steak House and Todd English’s bluezoo.
- Shula’s Steak House – Enjoy great food at the critic’s choice for “Orlando’s Best High-End Steak House” and multiple recipient of Wine Spectator’s “Award of Excellence”.
- Todd English’s bluezoo – Internationally acclaimed chef, Todd English, combines the freshest seafood with coastal cuisines from around the world in a setting you won’t forget.
- Il Mulino New York Trattoria – Traditional Italian cuisine from the Abruzzi region of Italy, served in a lively bistro environment.
- Kimonos – Authentic Japanese sushi bar where the art of sushi is created nightly. Then, have fun with nightly karaoke.
- Fresh Mediterranean Market – Savor fresh, made-to-order menu items from this Mediterranean-style market.
- The Fountain – All-American nostalgic favorites such as juicy hamburgers, golden fries, and hand-dipped shakes and malts.
- Picabu – A curious gallery of evocative food and decor. Self-service dining and sundries, 24 hours a day.
- Lobby Lounge – Relax and enjoy morning coffee and freshly prepared pastries, or an evening cocktail in this comfortable, open atmosphere.
- Java Bar – Conveniently located for morning coffee and freshly prepared pastries and evening cocktails.
- Garden Grove – Enjoy buffets for breakfast and dinner or casual a la carte favorites for lunch in Garden Grove, recently redesigned with a Central Park theme. Disney character dining featured nightly or for breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays. Perfect for family dining.
- Splash/Splash Terrace – Just steps from the Swan lap pool, Splash is the perfect choice for lunch if you’re anxious to get back in the water. Enjoy a variety of custom made specialty sandwiches, fresh baked pizza, ice cream treats and other snacks. Indoor and poolside seating available. Open seasonally.
- Cabana Bar & Beach Club – Sleek and contemporary with a hint of South Beach style, this is the perfect place for lunch or dinner. Then transition into evening with cocktails at the illuminated bar. Open seasonally.
For dining priority seating, call 407- 934-1609.
Transportation to the Swan Resport from Orlando International Airport
The conference plans to have volunteers at the Orlando airport and at the hotel to facilitate ride sharing on Sunday July 23rd and Friday July 28th for attendees who advise us on the conference registration page of their flight arrangements.
Other available transportation options to/from
the Orlando International Airport. are as follows*.
|From airport to hotel (one-way fee*):||Approximately|
|Sedan (up to 4 people)||$93.00|
|SUV (up to 5 people) or VAN (up to 8 people)||$112.00|
|Limousine (up to 8 people – includes 15% gratuity)||$232.30|
|From hotel to airport (one-way fee*):||Approximately|
|Sedan (up to 4 people)||$78.00|
|SUV (up to 5 people) or VAN (up to 8 people)||$78.00|
|Limousine (up to 8 people – includes 15% gratuity)||$195.50|
Note: While limousines hold 8 passengers, large amounts of luggage may require an additional vehicle.
Mears Transportation – Shuttle Services to/from Orlando International Airport:
|Per Adult||$23.00 (one-way)||$37.00 (round trip)|
|Per Child (ages 4-11)||$18.00 (one-way)||$28.00 (round trip)|
*All prices are approximate and subject to change.
Mears is the preferred service provider for transportation for the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. To make your transportation reservations, click here.
Fees for parking at the Hotel
Yes. The daily fees for parking are listed below and subject to change.
|Self Parking Fees||Valet Parking Fees|
|All Guests||$10.00 per day||$20.00 per day|
For general information about the hotel, visit the hotel’s website.