Register On-Site for IAJGS 2017 Orlando
TO REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE, PLEASE COME TO THE SWAN AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO REGISTER YOU BEGINNING ON SATURDAY EVENING 7/22/2017 FROM 7PM TO 10PM AND RESUMING ALL DAY SUNDAY THROUGHOUT THE WEEK.
ONLINE REGISTRATION TO ATTEND THE CONFERENCE IS NOW CLOSED AS WE ARE ALL IN TRANSIT TO ORLANDO. SEE YOU THERE!
On-Site Registration Hours
On-site registration, where you pick up your badge (required for attendance at most conference functions) and other materials, will be open during the following hours. We encourage all participants arriving early to register on Saturday evening to avoid the anticipated demand on Sunday morning.
|Saturday (July 22):||7:00 pm||-||10:00 pm|
|Sunday (July 23):||7:30 am||-||7:00 pm|
|Monday - Thursday (July 24 - 27):||7:30 am||-||5:00 pm|
|Friday (July 28):||8:00 am||-||10:00 am|
Pre-Register Online Here
In the meantime, we strongly recommend that you read the information below and elsewhere on the site before proceeding to the registration portal, which will be open in a few days.
We are offering four broad types of conference registration. You will be asked to select one of these options to start. Please become familiar with them from descriptions on our web site before opening a new registration form:
- Full Conference (Primary, Spouse/Domestic Partner, Student) with options for Live! video streaming of 60 selected lectures, audio/slides of conference proceedings, workshops, breakfasts, luncheons and the banquet
- Daily Conference (Primary, Spouse/Domestic Partner, Student) with options for Live! video streaming of 60 selected lectures, audio/slides of conference proceedings, workshops, breakfasts, luncheons and the banquet
- For non-registrants, tickets for our evening events including lectures and the banquet.
For Live! video streaming of 60 selected lectures (full week or daily) and audio/slides of conference proceedings for individuals unable to attend, visit IAJGS LIVE! registration
Full Conference Registration Fees
These registration categories are for the entire conference (i.e., all the days listed in the next section).
|Registration Period||Primary Registrant||Spouse/Domestic Partner||Student 26 yrs. old & younger with ID|
|On-Site Registration (during conference)||$370||$270||$100|
For full-time students 26 years old and younger with a student ID, we are offering a special rate of $100 for the full conference.
Primary registrants, including student registrants, will receive a tote bag and memory stick containing, among other things, the Daily Planner and a PDF version of the conference syllabus, which includes all of the handouts submitted by speakers.
Spouse/Domestic Partner and daily registrants will receive the Daily Planner, but not a tote bag or memory stick. They may order them for an additional fee, subject to availability.
Registration fees include the lectures, the Film Festival, the Resource Center and the Exhibitor Hall. It also includes evening events at no additional cost (except for the Thursday banquet).
Daily Registration Fees
Attendees have the choice of registering for individual days of the conference at the following rates:
|Sunday (July 23, 2017)||$125|
|Monday (July 24, 2017)||$100|
|Tuesday (July 25, 2017)||$100|
|Wednesday (July 26, 2017)||$100|
|Thursday (July 27, 2017)||$100|
|Friday (July 28, 2017)||$50|
- Sunday registration includes the keynote speaker and reception.
- Tuesday registration includes the Pamela Weisberger Memorial Lecture during the evening.
- Thursday registration does not include the banquet, which must be purchased separately.
- Friday is a half day, with sessions in the morning only.
- Daily registrants do not receive a tote bag or memory stick.
Enjoy live-streamed lectures from the conference, available live as well as on demand for 90 days following the conference.
Selected lectures from all six days of the conference: $149
Selected lectures from any individual day of the conference: $89
Thursday Evening Awards Banquet and Reception featuring Henry Louis Gates, Jr.: "Genealogy and Genetics in America"
Join the IAJGS and Professor Henry Louis Gates, the Peabody-Award winning host of the Finding Your Roots program on PBS.
$89 Non-Kosher / $98 Kosher for both conference registrants and non-registrants
Sunday Evening Opening Night Keynote and Reception featuring Robert Watson: "Alexander Hamilton, the Jews, and the American Revolution"
Join us Opening Night for a highly informative entertaining lecture by noted historian Robert Watson. The lecture will be followed by a gala reception welcoming our conference participants from the four corners of the world.
Free for conference registrants / $50 for non-registrants
2nd Annual Pamela Weisberger Memorial Lecture featuring Professor Hasia Diner: "1917: A Turning Point in American Jewish History"
Free for conference registrants / $25 for non-registrants
Sponsored Special Interest Group Breakfasts and Luncheons
- Sponsored SIG Luncheons: $44 Non-Kosher / $54 Kosher
- Sponsored Breakfasts: $36 Non-Kosher / $39 Kosher
Computer Workshops: $35
Other Optional Items
- Printed Syllabus: $50
- Extra Tote Bag: $15
- Extra Memory Stick: $10
WHAT YOUR REGISTRATION INCLUDES
Primary registrants for the full conference, including student registrants, who have registered by June 23 will receive:
- Conference Tote bag
- Daily Planner
- Memory stick (USB flash drive).containing a digital (PDF) version of the conference Syllabus, which includes, among other things, all of the handout materials submitted by speakers.
Spouse/domestic partner and daily registrants who register before June 23 will receive a Daily Planner booklet but do not receive a tote bag or memory stick (those items may be ordered separately).
Those who register and order extra items on or after June 23 will receive materials while supplies last.
All Conference registrants are entitled to attend—on a first-come-first-served basis—the lecture program, the Resource Center, the Film Festival, the Exhibitor Hall, and the evening programs (except for the Banquet, which requires a ticket).
Optional fee-based events and items may be purchased only by those who are registered for the conference (or in the case of specific events, they must be registered for the day of the event); however, you may purchase the complete program of Orlando 2017 LIVE! broadcasts and the full set of recorded Audio & Slides sessions without attending in Orlando.
Conference activities, in general, are open only to those who are registered for the conference. The following exceptions apply:
- Conference registrants may purchase a banquet ticket for themselves and up to three more tickets for guests online. Additional tickets subject to availability. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Speakers may request a special badge to admit one family member or guest to their talk only. They may request additional guest badges at a cost of $20 each. Contact email@example.com
We expect most registration fees to be paid by credit card through the on-line registration form. Some people worry about using a credit card on line. From what we have read, this worry is generally not well founded; credit card processing on line is generally safer than in-person processing. Internet systems generally protect credit-card information much more carefully than in hand-to-hand transactions. While there have been online security breaches, most credit-card fraud arises in other ways. In addition, most credit cards include complete coverage against fraudulent charges.
If, for some reason, you cannot use or do not want to use a credit card, payments may be made by check. However, please observe the note below.
Payment by Check
If you plan to pay by check, please do not submit the registration form until you are ready to mail the check to the Conference treasurer. When you indicate on the form that you are paying by check, enter the check number in the box provided.
If we do not receive the check within one week of the registration, we may cancel the registration or the optional items ordered. To take advantage of special pricing, the check must be received by the treasurer prior to the cut-off date.
Checks should be made payable to "IAJGS Orlando 2017" and sent to the Conference treasurer at:
1659 Palmwood Drive
Clearwater, FL 33756
Spouse/Domestic Partner Definition
The reduced "Spouse/Domestic Partner" registration fee applies only for spouses and domestic partners who reside in the same household. It does not apply for roommates, siblings, parents, children, or other relatives of the primary registrant, even if they live in the same household. The Conference reserves the right to verify the status of anyone registering in this category.
Refunds will depend on when we receive a cancellation notice.
Before June 23, 2017
- A 50% refund of all fees paid less a $50 administrative fee if a cancellation request is received by 11:59 p.m. EDT, June 23, 2017.
- If you wish to substitute other Conference items for any fees paid, you may do so. This is not transferable to another person.
- If the substitution results in a net increase, you must pay the difference. If there is a net reduction, the difference will be refunded less a $50 administrative fee. If the difference is less than $50, it is forfeited in lieu of the administrative fee.
On or after June 23, 2017
- No refunds or substitutions will be made for requests received on or after 12:01 a.m. EDT June 24, 2017.
- We regret if illness, family emergency, or other reasons prevent you from participating in some or all of the conference. However, we have incurred obligations to others based upon your registration and additional fee items.
There will be no exceptions to the cancellation/refund policy. You may want to consider buying trip cancellation insurance.
or send a letter (delivery confirmation recommended) to
IAJGS Orlando 2017
5244 Espana Avenue
Boynton Beach, FL 33437