Before setting aside their computers to share in the week's Pesah festival, the IAJGS 2017 Program Committee put together a wonderful IAJGS 2017 conference program for Galitizianers!!
Don't miss out on a great conference!
Take a look below to view the 20+ full-length programs of special interest to researchers interested in Galicia, including a Special Galicia Day (Monday July 25) when Gesher Galicia will hold talks, a luncheon and SIG meeting that will be of interests to Galitizianers of all levels and interests.
In addition are dozens of other related lectures pertaining to the nuts and bolts of 21st century Jewish genealogy, including a DNA track assembled by Adam Brown, administrator of the Gesher Galicia DNA project hosted by Family Tree DNA, as well as a Q&A on Jewish surnames with Dr. Alexandre Beider, author of "A Dictionary of Jewish Surnames from Galicia".
Gesher Galicia databases will be among the hundreds of resources that will be hosted for free all week in the Conference resource room, a mainstay of past conferences and a major attraction to conference attendees of all level of experience.
The IAJGS reservation block at the hotel is nearly full, so if you want to take this last opportunity to attend an IAJGS in North America until the summer of 2019, you had better get going!
To register, visit www.iajgs2017.org today and register for the conference and your room!
Partial Schedule IAJGS 2017. See our conference website for further details.
Monday, July 24
- Jewish Life in Poland - Part 1 (10th-15th centuries) Avraham Groll
- Beyond a Doubt: What We Know vs. What We Can Prove Israel Pickholtz
- Galicia Basics: What Every Galitzianer Needs to Know Shelley K. Pollero Renee Steinig
- Jewish Life in Poland - Part 2 (16th-18th centuries) Avraham Groll, JewishGen
- Gesher Galicia SIG Meeting
- $$$ Gesher Galicia Luncheon: Learning the ABC in Galicia, Andrew Zalewski
- The Story of Galicia: Vital Records, Maps, Censuses and Much More, Andrew Zalewski
- Setting the Record Straight: the DNA and Yiddish Origins of Ashkenazi Jewry, Dr. Harry Ostrer and Dr. Alexandre Beider.
Tuesday, July 25
- Jewish Surname Q&A, hosted by Dr. Alexandre Beider, author of "A Dictionary of Jewish Surnames from Galicia"
- Tabula Registers: A Untapped Genealogical Resource in the Lviv Archives , Alexander Dunai Natalie Dunai
- Using the Gesher Galicia Website and All Galicia Database to Research Towns and Families, Brooke Ganz Reclaim the Records
- GenealogyIndexer.org: New Sources, New Ways to Search Logan Kleinwaks Swan 1 Presentation
- The Pamela Weisberger Memorial Lecture: “1917: A Turning Point in American Jewish History”, Hasia Diner, Speaker, Keynote Address Sponsored by JGSLA
Wednesday, July 26
- The Polish Inter-wars Parliament voters' lists a source for genealogy Alex Denysenko
- Multimedia Presentation: Ukrainian Shtetlah of Ivano -Frankivsk Region Then and Now, Anna Royzner
- Polish Magnate Landowner Records: Bringing "The Lords' Jews" to Life, Alexander Dunai Natalie Dunai
- Kolbuszowa Region BOF (KRRG), Coordinator: Susana Leistner Bloch
Thursday, July 27
- Researching Your Galitizianer Family: Working With Vital Records Mark Halpern
- Visiting Poland: Everything You Should Know Before Coming to Your Ancestral Town Witold Wrzosinski
Friday, July 28
- Oral History in Genealogy Research at POLIN Museum of the History of Polish Jews. Joanna Krol Museum of the History of Polish Jews
Click the "Registration" tab above to register for the conference, then "Hotel Reservations" to reserve yourself a room! Feel free to contact the conference co-chairs at email@example.com if you have any questions!