TO REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE, PLEASE COME TO THE SWAN AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO REGISTER YOU BEGINNING ON SATURDAY EVENING 7/22/2017 FROM 7PM TO 10PM AND RESUMING ALL DAY SUNDAY THROUGHOUT THE WEEK.
ONLINE REGISTRATION TO ATTEND THE CONFERENCE IS NOW CLOSED AS WE ARE ALL IN TRANSIT TO ORLANDO. SEE YOU THERE!
Conference Registration Hours.
|Saturday (July 22):||7:00 pm||-||10:00 pm|
|Sunday (July 23):||7:30 am||-||7:00 pm|
|Monday - Thursday (July 24 - 27):||7:30 am||-||5:00 pm|
|Friday (July 28):||8:00 am||-||10:00 am|
A little under three weeks to go and the conference organizers are putting the finishing touches on set up for the conference!
Please sign up for our Facebook page or subscribe to our stay up to date!
See you in Orlando!
Adam Brown Diane Jacobs Dennis Rice
Co-Chairs IAJGS 2017 Orlando
Don’t miss the 37th IAJGS International Conference on Jewish Genealogy, our annual reunion of top Jewish genealogists!
Sponsored by the International Association of Jewish Genealogical Societies and the Jewish Genealogical Society of Greater Orlando, the Conference will be held on the grounds of Walt Disney World, at the The Disney World Swan Resort at 1200 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Orlando, FL.
Reserve a place for yourself at this summer's conference! It's as easy as 1 - 2 - 3 !
First, visit our extensive Program Calendar detailing over 310 lectures, panels, films and other offerings by over 150 lecturers;
Second, visit our Registration page to register for the conferences; and
Third, visit our Hotel Reservations page to secure a room. Last year's conference sold out of hotel rooms so do not delay!
Dozens of restaurants, shopping, and entertainment venues are within walking distance and hundreds more are only a short boat or shuttle bus ride away.
Our discounted hotel rooms are currently available from July 17 to August 1, so you are welcome to come early and/or stay late to explore Disney World and Orlando's many attractions with your family!
Greet old friends, make new ones and take your family search to the next level, with:
- Superb lectures and workshops as you have come to expect
- Meetings for all experience levels, from first-timers to conference veterans
- Hands-on mentoring with experts in our field
- In-depth DNA workshops to answer your questions
- Databases, translators, and search tools available to all
- Exhibit hall and Sunday EXPO! where the latest family discovery tools and technologies will be described by staff members from top names in the field such as Family Search, MyHeritage, Geni, Ancestry, Family Tree DNA, RootsMagic and Family Tree Maker.
- Networking through popular Special Interest Group events and a SHARE Fair (over 50 groups have signed on to hosting events at the conference!)
- Special emphasis on:
- Jews in Florida, the Caribbean and the South
- Strategies for passing on your family legacy on to younger generations
In addition, we have an exciting evening program scheduled during the week including:
Sunday evening with dessert reception: “Alexander Hamilton, the Jews, and the American Revolution”
Monday evening: Alexander Beider and Harry Ostrer on “Setting the Record Straight: What Yiddish and DNA Tell Us About Ashkenazi Origins (sponsored by FamilyTreeDNA)
Tuesday evening: Pamela Weisberger Memorial Lecture entitled “1917: A Turning Point in American History” (sponsored by JGSLA)
Wednesday evening: a special showing of the acclaimed film “Aida’s Secrets” (sponsored by MyHeritage)
Thursday evening banquet: featured speaker Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr., host of the PBS program “Finding Your Roots", will speak on "Genetics and Genealogy in America" (sponsored by FamilySearch) - note: banquet tickets are purchased for $89 during registration)
Stay abreast of our conference plans by subscribing to our blog, our discussion group, our Facebook page and our Twitter feed. (see below)
To register, click the "REGISTRATION" tab above.
For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org!